Product Description & Reviews
A very closely matched pair (2 tubes) of vintage US-manufactured GE JAN 5654W vacuum tubes. All tubes are Amplitrex TESTED and MATCHED. Both plate current and Gm are matched to within 3%. We subject these tubes to multiple test cycles and plate voltages to determine stability. In addition to ip, Gm, leakage/gas, noise and life testing, the matched tubes undergo a final audio sound check to make certain they are indeed audio quality. Tubes that show the slightest abnormality are rejected. With our high standards, less than 50% of the NOS 5654W tubes we test are considered for use in these special matched sets. 5654W tubes were originally designed as a low noise premium-grade substitute for 6AK5 and EF95 vacuum tubes. The "W" designation refers to ruggedized, military grade, tubes; better quality control and internal design changes to enhance reliability and minimize microphonics/noise. This great sounding vintage tube has found new life as a replacement for 7-pin 6J1, 6J1P (6ZH1P-EV), 6AK5 and EF95 tubes and are commonly used by audiophiles looking for improved sound quality. All tubes selected for our tested/matched pairs will have identical date codes and are guaranteed to test at NOS levels of 5000 micro-mho or higher and a plate current (ip) of 7.2 mA or higher. (Tested in fixed-bias mode at a plate and screen voltage of 120 V and a grid voltage of -2.0 V). All NOS GE 5654W tubes tested/matched by Riverstone Audio are GUARANTEED to test at NOS levels when received. **PLEASE NOTE** 5654W tubes are 7-pin and can ONLY be used to replace 6AK5, EF95, 6J1 / 6J1P tubes. DO NOT use to replace any other type of tube. ***Certain amplifiers, such as the Little Dot 1+, MK II and MK III models may require circuit board jumpers to be changed when swapping tubes (this procedure is outlined in the Little Dot manual).*** As a US seller we stand behind our products and back our Platinum Grade tubes with a no-nonsense 1-YEAR WARRANTY - the BEST warranty in the audio tube business!
Features & Highlights
- TESTED and MATCHED Pair (2 tubes) of low-noise 7-Pin NIB/NOS GE JAN 5654W Vacuum Tubes. Considered one of the best of the 5654 / 6AK5 / EF95 family of tubes for audio use. These vintage US manufactured GE tubes are Mil. Spec. (JAN) Electron Tubes - Higher Durability and Life. The tubes were obtained from factory-sealed military surplus boxes.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Our Platinum Grade vacuum tubes are backed by a no-nonsense 1-year warranty. THE BEST WARRANTY AVAILABLE in the audio tube business. We have been testing and using vacuum tubes for many years and know what it takes to select tubes for low-noise audio applications.
- Riverstone Audio utilizes the best available equipment (Amplitrex AT1000) to test and match audio tubes. We do not sell untested tubes - never have and never will. Only the best high testing NOS tubes are selected for Riverstone's Platinum tested/matched pairs. Fewer than 50% of the NOS tubes we test meet our standards for high fidelity audio use and are considered for use in our Platinum Grade tube sets.
- Our experienced engineers match vacuum tubes for BOTH plate current and mutual conductance. Test results are clearly listed on each tube box. All tubes we sell must also pass a specialized life test and an audio sound test. We guarantee that the GE 5654W tubes selected for these matched pairs test at NOS levels at or above 5000 micro-mho and a plate current of 7.2 mA or higher.
- **PLEASE NOTE** 5654W tubes can ONLY be used to replace 7-Pin 6J1, 6J1P / 6J1P-EB / 6Zh1P-EV, 6AK5, 6AK5W or EF95 tubes. Do not substitute for other 7-pin tubes or tubes with different codes. If in doubt, check with your amplifier manufacturer (or contact us) to verify that 5654W tubes can be used as a replacement in your particular audio device. ***Vacuum tubes sold by Riverstone Audio will have the "Riverstone Audio" name, logo and QC label on the boxes***
|Part Number:||Pair (2 pcs) Matched 5654W Vacuum Tubes|
|MPN:||Pair (2 pcs) Matched 5654W Vacuum Tubes|
|Package Weight:||0.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.3 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Riverstone Audio, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By JJ Electronic
mpn: T-EL84-JJ-MP, ean: 0609722123105,
JJ's EL84 is a great replacement for guitar amps or hi-fi. EL84/6BQ5, Available in Singles, Matched Pairs or Matched Quads - please select from list.JJ's EL84 is a great replacement for guitar amps or hi-fi.. EL84/6BQ5. Available in Singles, Matched Pairs or Matched Quads - please select from list..
By JJ Electronic
mpn: T-12AX7-S-JJ, ean: 0844632022081,
This tube has a well balanced, colorful tone with strongly defined lows, mids and smooth highs. It allows for more clean head-room than higher gain 12AX7s. In overdrive, it is smooth and strong with well defined lows and mids. When pushed into overdrive it offers clean distortion with well balanced lows and mids. The JJ 12AX7 is well suited for all types of music and playing styles. It is also highly recommended for studio pre-amps and hi-fi gear12AX7 Vacuum Tube,. U.S. Product Code: 12AX7.